Saturday, March 5, 2011

Uncorking the Past! with Friday's Beer Tasting




Monday March 14th 167 Providence RI

5:30 to 6:30

McMillan Hall, Brown University

Guest Speaker: Patrick E. McGovern

Tasting with Ancient Brews and Dog Fish Head after lecture

FULL Info at this link

I am expecting that at this event they will have a Tasting of Dog Fish Head: Midas Touch known as a "Handcrafted Ancient Ale"
This Is why in my review of Midas this week I didn't offer a recommendation. I am hopingPatrick McGovern gives us one.


Dog Fish Head: Midas Touch
"Handcrafted Ancient Ale"


Color: Pale Gold

Clarity: Dull Clear

Nose: Floral, Fruity, Spicy

Taste: Mostly Grape, and Very Acidic

Other Info: Expecting to gain more info from Uncorking the Past Lecture.

Sea Dog: Hazelnut Porter

Color: Dark Chocolate

Clarity: Near Opaque but can still see light

Nose: Nutty, and Vanilla

Taste: Nutty, Creamy, Very Sweet
Recommendations: Cheddar Cheese, Fresh Strawberries


Pete's Wicked Ruby Ale

Color: Ruby Orange

Clarity: Clear

Nose: Floral and Hoppy

Taste: Nut Tones  but very sweet

Recommendations: Sour Goat Cheese or Yogurt, Sweet & Sour Chinese Food





I am so excited for "Uncorking the Past" I hope any of my readers come. and I have the second half of my weekly tasting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment