Monday, May 16, 2011

End of an Era

As my Junior year comes to a close and my first brew is half is fermenting I feel some relief and some sadness. Almost like saying goodbye to an old friend moving away. Not that I am being sentimental but I think it is a good feeling.

1) I can relax. I don't have to worry about term papers of group projects or exams for a few weeks.
2) I can pay more attention to my extracurricular activities. i.e. Brewing and Drinking oh and writing....
3) I can be more scientific and proactive in my brewing. Such as Yeast harvesting, equipment modification, more reading about different and foreign aspects of brewing that I am still unaware of. I plan to read more about brewing chemistry. I am very interested in water composition, and enzyme breakdown.
3) I get a promotion, and raise at work so I can actually afford to get more brew things. Mostly odds and ends and ingredients. I don't want to expand yet, I just want to be more efficient at what I am already doing. Maybe if I can get my hand on a hops seedling I will plant that. I do want to do a dry-hopped beer sometime and from what I understand I should have a full size plant by August ready for harvest and drying.

That's all I have for tonight. Just thought I would keep you updated.

This weekend: RIFT meeting thoughts and overview, and Brooklyn Brewing Tasting... maybe some homebrew reviews too but I don't want to push it.

No comments:

Post a Comment